Junior simulation engineer
Are you passionate about simulation analyses (CAE/FEM)? Do you enjoy working in small teams on innovative projects? If your answer to these questions is YES, then you might be our newest junior simulation engineer!
As a junior simulation engineer at CodePS, you will be working on advanced technical projects for various clients. Your mission is to find solutions for our customers to improve their current products or their new products that are about to be launched into the market. Within the multidisciplinary and international team of CodePS, you will be challenged to model complex structures and their (dynamic) behaviour. Combining your know-how and built up expertise together with the collective knowledge of our team, you will look for solutions our clients will benefit from.
In the projects that you will be working on, you will make use of your knowledge of structures, mechanics, computational mechanics and programming. You will be working in a team of fellow engineers under the guidance of a senior engineer, who will be your coach. We truly believe personal development is important. Therefore, we proactively stimulate our team to grow and further develop. This is done by providing trainings on the job, but also by means of external trainings, courses, congress visits, etc. As a knowledge-intensive organisation, your personal development is an important cornerstone of our foundation.
CodePS has three offices in the Netherlands: in Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Schinnen. Each office has its own unique atmosphere and of course fun colleagues. The current vacancy is applicable to the locations Eindhoven or Schinnen.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Independently analysing complex issues at an academic level, in consultation with teammates, your client and, when applicable, external 3rd parties.
- Transforming customer challenges into efficient FE-Models.
- Gathering information, building up experience and know-how which is required to find the right solution for our customers. The solution will be underpinned by means of simulations and analytical methods.
- Setting up simulation models and independently performing calculations.
- Together with a senior engineer, you will analyse and evaluate the simulation results and translate these into a report or presentation for our customers.
- Presenting your solutions to our customers and building up a business relationship with your peers.
- Perform the above-mentioned tasks as described in the project scope(s) on a high-quality standard, within the budget and time span. Who are we looking for?
Who are we looking for?
- Someone fresh from University or with basic experience with finite element method (FEM) engineering.
- A Technical University Master’s degree (Mechanical engineering, Aerospace engineering or a similar study).
- Innovative and analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Knowledge of structural calculations & dynamic (modal) analysis.
- You want to develop yourself further in the field of:
- computational mechanics, especially Ansys.
- dynamic structural measurements.
- programming languages like Python or TCL.
- You can work in and add value in an interdisciplinary team, but you are also capable of working independently.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills are required. Knowledge of the German language would be an advantage.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and innovative work environment at a high technical level.
- A family like company with a fast-growing worldwide customer base.
- An informal, flexible and accessible work environment and a super fun team.
- A wide diversity of projects and clients.
- Your personal growth and development is important to us! That is why we significantly invest in personal development. Amongst others, you will have your own free to spend personal training budget.
- A market competitive remuneration package that is based on educational background and experience.
- Flexibility by working from home and office.
- A fulltime position, based on 40 hours a week.
Are you interested in the position of junior simulation engineer? Please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application.